Writing is tough, being a writer is tougher. Here at Alive and Writing, we take a closer look at all the challenges you will face as an author including issues with mental health, time management, professionalism, and more.
Feedback is easy to give, hard to take and not necessarily wanted. Kind of like a non-parent giving a parent of ten children advice on how to raise said children. That’s exactly the tough topic we tackle in today’s podcast about feedback. We discuss what feedback is (and isn’t), how to give and receive feedback, and how to use it.
Links and Sites Mentioned in Episode 12 Feedback
Links in this post may or may not be affiliate links and as a such, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The Five W’s (and One H) of Soliciting Feedback by James Duncan
- How to Find and Work with Beta Readers to Improve Your Book by Jane Friedman
- Tips for Critiquing Other Writers’ Work by Melissa Donovan
- How to Get Feedback on Your Writing (and How to Sort the Good from the Bad) by K.M. Weiland
- ABCD of Feedback (FREE PDF download)
Stay tuned for next weeks episode when we chat about Comparison.
LTUE (or Clark’s trip there and back again)
The Joy of Helping Others
Friends Outside Writing
Have you missed our last few podcasts? Check them out here:
Chapter 1 Episode 9 Cheerleaders