Writing is tough, being a writer is tougher. Here at Alive and Writing, we take a closer look at all the challenges you will face as an author including issues with mental health, time management, professionalism, and more.
Clark is a riddle, shrouded in mystery, wrapped in an enigma. Well, he was until April and Chautona ripped the enigma off, tore down the shroud, and solved the riddle. Kind of. *Ahem* Anyway, learn more about our favorite writer of horrific tales and creator of fantastical magical systems in this episode and why he no longer fears such topics as social justice and equality in writing.
Links and Sites Mentioned in Episode 20 Clark’s Favorite Things About Writing
Links in this post may or may not be affiliate links and as a such, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Red Wall series by Brian Jacques
- Lost Years of Merlin by T.A. Barron
- His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
- Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
- Mindnode – mindmapping software for Macs only
- How to Become a Better Writer With This Genius Tool – mindmapping for the rest of us
- Outlining Your Novel (PC)
- Outlining Your Novel (Mac)
Stay tuned for next weeks episode when we chat about Why You Shouldn’t Hate Marketing.
Finding a Mentor
Dealing with Your Inner Editor
Balancing Writing with Family
Have you missed our last few podcasts? Check them out here:
Chapter 1 Episode 17 Hobbies